Kanpachi Risotto with Amaroso Sauce
Balsamic Caper Sauce:
- 4 fl oz Capers (including juice)
- 24 fl oz White Wine
- 48 fl oz White Balsamic Dressing
- 1 fl oz creamed Garlic
- add 8 lbs of 1 1/2 diced Hothouse Tomatoes - bring to a simmer with sauce.
- 25x 3-4 oz Kampachi fillets (lay out on baking tray with salt/pepper and a brush of garlic butter). Bake at 500 degrees F.
4 K Risotto:
- 72 fl oz Fish Stock
- 16 fl oz Parmesan Cheese
- 1 qt 1/4 diced Tomato
- 4 fl oz Lemon Juice
- 8 fl oz Dill (chopped)
Simmer/stir in pot. Divide the Balsamic capper sauce out onto the platters. Place 3 fillets roast Kanpachi slices over down the center. Sprinke with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Roasted Baja Kanpachi
Perfectly roasted Baja Kanpachi over Umbrian lentils with red cabbage.
Poached Baja Kanpachi
Olive oil poached Baja Kanpachi with zucchini and charred carrots in a scallop butter reduction.
Pub-style Baja Kanpachi collars make for a great appetizer.
Grilled Kanpachi Collars
Grilled Baja Kanpachi collars large enough for a main course.
Yuzu Kosho Kanpachi Collars
Grilled Baja Kanpachi collar with Yuzu Kosho and chives.
Kanpachi Kissed by Coals
Smoky Baja Kanpachi loins lightly kissed by coals.
Kanpachi Over Coals
Charred Kanpachi ceviche with roasted meyer lemon, purple radish and puffed quinoa.
Kanpachi Cara Cara Orange Over Coals
Baja Kanpachi lightly seared over coals with cara cara orange, pickled fresno chili, and garnished with nasturtium.
Joe's Crudo Over Coals
Chef Joe gives us his take on Baja Kanpachi Crudo 'kissed with coals'.
Baja Kanpachi with Nori-Butter
Baja Kanpachi with house made nori-butter.
A pub classic, the Baja Kanpachi Burger is sure to please!
Seared Baja Kanpachi
Seared Kanpachi Steaks
Vertical steak cuts of Baja Kanpachi quickly seared over a wood fire under rotisserie duck fat.
Vertical Baja Kanpachi steaks seared over an applewood fire.
Smokey Alderwood Kanpachi
A pub classic, the Baja Kanpachi Burger is sure to please!
Great for the BBQ, Kanpachi Kabobs are your classic recipe: simply take some medium sized kanpachi slices and add in some of your favorite veggies. Place on grill and sear until golden.
Always a favorite h'orderve, Kanpachi skewers are extremely easy to prepare. Simply cut a number of thin slices (not too thin), place on skewers, and lightly sear.
Smoked Kanpachi & Eggs
Start the day out right with a healthy serving of protein and omega-3; smoked Baja Kanpachi served with labneh, cuccumber & radish, soft eggs and toast.
Crispy Kanpachi with Dill & Turmeric Sauce
Crispy Baja Kanpachi with Dill and Turmeric sauce, caramelized onion and risp crisp.
Fresh, zesty Baja Kanpachi wraps.
Beer Battered Kanpachi Tacos
Beer battered tacos made with Baja Kanpachi, cabbage-kale slaw, pepper crema, chipotle sala roja, radish, and lime.
Kanpachi & Chips
English tradition meets Baja zest in this new take on a classic favorite.
Kanpachi Sashimi with Citrus Ginger Sauce
Citrus Ginger Sauce (yields 8 fl oz):
- 30g oil
- 25g ginger
- 10g garlic
- 100g orange juice
- 25g lemon juice
- 25g lime juice
- 25g Ponzu
- 10g Honey
Slice the Kanpachi back loins into almost paper thin coins at an angle and lay 12 slices out on medium plates. Dress the loins very lightly with the citrus ginger sauce. Serve with some wasabi and pickled ginger.
Kanpachi Sashimi Tacos
Sriracha Aioli (yields 24 fl oz):
- 450g Mayonnaise
- 115g Sour Cream
- 60g Sriracha Sauce
- 30g Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 T Koscher Salt
Egg Roll Cups:
- place egg roll wrapper in deep fryer. After about 5 seconds it should begin floating. Remove from deep fryer and use 3 oz ladle to form the egg roll wrapper into a cup shape (note: the edges of the wrapper should be just at or below the surface of the shortening. If you push it in too deep the edges will come up too high and not form an "open flower" shape. You want the edges to come our parallel so that you get proper plate coverage.). Hold down in the shortening for approximately 45 seconds then place upside down to drain.
Sesame Kampachi Sashimi:
- one loin should be enough for this step (need 28-30 oz of Kampachi after searing)
- cover Kampachi 1/4 loin with black and white sesame seeds, pushing them into the flesh for complete coverage (75g of seeds will cover 1.37kg kampachi).
- sear the Kampachi in a large frying pan over high heat starting with 1/12 fl oz to 2 fl oz of oil. If the loin will not fit fully in the pan, cut it in half across and place both sections in the pan.
- make sure there is enough oil under each section to brown quickly and fully. Add a little more oil every time you turn the Kampachi. There are three sides to brown.
- sear approximately 1 minute per side. The White Sesame seeds should turn nice and golden.
- Season the outside of each section with 1 t each of Kosher Salt and Coarse Pepper just before you turn that section down into the oil.
Place the following inside a fried egg roll wrapper (from the bottom up):
- #60 Scoop of Guacamole
- 1 oz Cole Slaw mix tossed with 1/2 T Cole Slaw Dressing
- #60 scoop Pico de Gallo (drained)
- 1 oz slice prepared Sesame Kampachi Sashimi
- 1/2 T Siracha Aioli
- 1 leaf of Cilantro
Citrus Poke Tacos
Cubed Baja Kanpachi, Valencia orange, yuzu, pomegranate, ginger, mint, and fresh jicama taco shells.
Achiote Seared Sashimi
Achiote rubbed seared Baja Kanpachi sashimi with grilled Indian Rose Peach Salsa and a Prickly Pear Yuzu; finished with Micro Cilantro.
The perfect way to showcase the amazing stand-alone flavor of Baja Kanpachi; great for party platters.
Baja Kanpachi on Buddha's palm.
Baja Kanpachi Sashimi paired with southern Baja desert cactus fruit and flowers.
Baja Kanpachi Sashimi with orange, kaffir lime ponzu, Fresno chillies, fried shallots, and fresh herbs.
Coconut Kanpachi Ceviche
Baja Kanpachi leche de tiger (a.k.a. coconut cream based cerviche) served in a coconut shell.
Goldenberry Kanpachi Crudo
Baja Kanpachi with serrano yuzu kosho goldenberries, kumquats, tamari based tossa shoyu.
Tom Yum Kanpachi
A vibrant Baja Kanpachi dish wrapped in radishes and kohlrabi Tom Yum flavors.
Peruvian Style Kanpachi Ceviche
Peruvian style Baja Kanpachi ceviche with aji pesto, charcoal oven roasted sweet potato, and aji limo lime dressing.
A Fijian style ceviche made with fresh coconut milk, lime, chile, and featuring our Baja Kanpachi.
Ca Nhung Baja Kanpachi
Ca Nhung (Vietnamese ceviche) with Baja Kanpachi, coconut vinegar oil, dill, taragon, and coconut meat.
Baja Kanpachi ceviche con salsa negra
Baja Kanpachi ceviche with black salsa.
Thai Coconut Kanpachi
Baja Kanpachi crudo with hearts of palm, coconut, cilantro, and Asian pear.
Baja Kanpachi sushi wrapped into a cone - makes for a great party favor or appetizer.
Kanpachi Crudo with Thai Vinagrette
Baja Kanpachi crudo with Thai vinagrette, Yuzu koshu, whiskey shoyu, cucumber and crisp garlic.
Cured Baja Kanpachi Crudo
Lightly cured Baja Kanpachi onion soubise, toasted hazelnuts, puffed buckwheat, lemon juice, and arugula sprouts.
Vietnamese-Style Kanpachi Crudo
Spicy Kanpachi Crudo
Spicy Baja Kanpachi crudo with cilantro, avocado, and crispy garlic.
Spicy Kanpachi Roll
Spicy Kanpachi roll.
Kanpachi Crudo Italiano
Italian-style Baja Kanpachi crudo; served with fava beans, radish, olive oil, and fenel frond.